Coffee is so versatile and delicious that we can’t get enough of trying new ways of making it. Thanks to the diversity of tastes and preferences, today there are many variations of the original recipes. This time we will talk about mamaccino coffee.
Table of Contents
What is Mamaccino coffee?
Mamaccino coffee is basically a variation of a cappuccino that gets a special touch from spices.
Coffee is very aromatic and has a lot of flavor of its own, but many prefer to complement it with other ingredients to vary its taste. The most common is probably the addition of vanilla, cocoa powder, or even cinnamon. However, the mamaccino is a preparation that uses a greater variety of spices to make it even more aromatic.
Ingredients for mamaccino coffee
For this recipe you will need:
- One cup of espresso
- 120 ml or 4 oz of milk
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- Half a teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Sugar to taste
- The quantities depend on how many cups you want to make. The quantities described apply to one cup only.
- Since this is a cappuccino variant, the drink should ideally be served in a cappuccino cup. If you don’t have one, you can use another cup that is larger than a regular one.
- For this recipe, you will need to froth the milk. You can use a milk frother or a coffee maker with a frother (if you have one).
How to make mamaccino coffee?
In general, it is a recipe that does not require many ingredients. The preparation is also simple.
- Brew an espresso. Put the spices in the cup you’ll use for the coffee. This way, as the coffee comes out, it makes contact with them. When it is ready, stir everything well.
- Froth the milk.
- Pour the coffee with the spices into the cappuccino cup.
- Now add the milk. You can start pouring in the middle of the cup, but don’t fill it completely. Leave some space for the foam.
- You can use a spoon to help you put the milk foam into the cup. Remember that this drink should be 1/3 coffee, 1/3 milk, and 1/3 milk foam.
- The decoration will depend on your taste. You can sprinkle a little cocoa or cinnamon powder on top.
- Ready to enjoy!
*If you wish, you can add sugar.
Tips for a good coffee
The base for this drink is espresso. The traditional and fastest method for this is to use an espresso machine. However, if you don’t have one at home, there are other coffee machines you can try as an alternative.
So, a good base coffee is essential. Ideally, it should be medium to finely ground and have plenty of body and flavor.
Another important aspect is that coffee always tastes best when it is fresh. To do this, it is best to use coffee beans that you grind in a coffee grinder before following the recipe.
This recipe requires milk. Therefore, it is ideal to have a good frother to achieve the right result, a device designed exclusively for this purpose. This will ensure the right consistency and that the mamaccino is delicious and very creamy. Nowadays there are also some models of coffee machines that are equipped with a function to froth the milk, so the preparation is much easier.
The mamaccino coffee is one of the simplest coffee drinks, but also one of the most aromatic. The addition of spices gives it an extra, special flavor.
So, now it’s your turn to try it!