Below we explain in detail what a Colombian Guarulo is.
Table of Contents
Guarulo is a strong shake coffee sweetened with panela (sugar cane juice) and flavored with cinnamon.
- 2 cups of water
- ½ pound coffee
- Cinnamon to taste and taste
- Panela (or brown cane sugar if not available)
- First, brew coffee and sweeten it with panela.
- Then add a cinnamon stick to the coffee and stir.
- Leave the cinnamon stick in the coffee for a few minutes and then remove it from the coffee.
- Enjoy a wonderful Guarulo.
- Guarulo is a typical drink from the eastern plains of Colombia.
- Guarulo is often used to marinate meat that will later be grilled.
- Guarulo is usually drunk with a good cheese.
- Guarulo is so popular on Colombia’s eastern plains that people prefer to drink it over beer.
- National Coffee Day is celebrated in Colombia on June 27th to highlight the cultural and economic importance of the coffee industry in the country.
The Colombian guarulo is undoubtedly a different drink with an excellent taste to enjoy with friends or family.