Coffee oil and its properties
Coffee oil is an aromatic oil extracted from roasted coffee beans, unroasted coffee beans, or green coffee beans. This oil features a powerful aroma similar to that of a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Each type of coffee oil has a specific aroma.
For example, green bean coffee oil has a sweeter flavor than roast bean coffee oil, which has a fresher flavor.
Considering this property of coffee oil, we must not forget about the chemical components that make up coffee oil, such as flavonoids, palmitic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid and stearic acid.
On the other hand, we should also mention the most important properties of coffee oil:
- Stimulant: Increases energy.
- Relaxing: Reduces tension.
- Antidepressant: relieves depression.
- Anti-allergic: Improves the allergic reaction.
- Antioxidant: Prevents diseases.
- Aphrodisiac: Increases sexual desire.
- Analgesic: Relieves pain.
- Antipyretic: Reduces fever.
Method of extracting coffee oil
Coffee oil is obtained by cold pressing, a process that does not affect the properties of the oil and allows the chemical components of the beans to be kept intact.
With this method, the beans are crushed under an oil press or grinder. You have to control the temperature throughout the process. We recommend keeping the temperature below 49 degrees Celsius to ensure the integrity of the oil.
What are the benefits of coffee oil?
Thanks to its properties, coffee oil can offer you a multitude of benefits.
Coffee oil contains a large number of antioxidants that penetrate the layers of the skin and significantly improve blood circulation. This improves the appearance and quality of the skin and reduces the appearance of varicose veins.
Stimulates hair growth and moisturizes the hair
The components of coffee oil promote hair growth. By improving blood circulation, moisture can be retained to eliminate dull, dry hair.
Apply directly to the roots and massage in circular motions, leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
Reduces dark circles under the eyes
Coffee oil has anti-inflammatory properties and therefore allows you to reduce or alleviate dark circles under the eyes. Simply apply a small amount to the under-eye circles. Leave the coffee oil on for 10 minutes and then carefully rinse it off.
Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
The properties of coffee oil, especially vitamin E and fatty acids, help to rid the skin of excess sebum and strengthen collagen. This improves the smoothness and elasticity of the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
Coffee oil reduces skin blemishes by promoting healing of acne-related wounds.
Reduces pain and inflammation
Its anti-inflammatory components relax muscles and promote blood circulation. Simply apply the oil to the affected area.
Prevents chronic diseases
The antioxidants contained in coffee oil fight the negative effects of free radicals, helping to prevent the development of chronic diseases.
Improves respiratory health
Coffee oil relieves respiratory infections and helps the sufferer breathe better. A very useful remedy for bronchitis.
Reduces stress and anxiety
Its strong aroma is used in aromatherapy to induce a sense of calm and peace.
The relaxing properties of coffee oil help reduce stress, improve mood and prevent depression.
All you have to do is inhale the vapors for 20 minutes to enjoy its relaxing effects.
Coffee oil helps the immune system respond better, which reduces allergic reactions.
The antioxidants and acids contained in this oil can optimize digestion and thus prevent constipation, nausea or irritable bowel syndrome. This involves inhaling the oil or adding it to food to ensure proper absorption of the nutrients.
How do you make homemade coffee oil?
While coffee oil is usually commercially available, it can also be prepared at home as described here.
ingredients and tools
- 1 cup olive, coconut, or almond oil ¾ cup coffee grounds.
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E to help the oil last longer.
- 1 jar with lid, preferably dark in color.
- Use a container with a lid to mix the oil of your choice with the ground coffee.
- Close the jar and shake until the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Leave the mixture for 3-4 weeks to allow the oil to fully absorb the coffee’s properties.
- After waiting, strain the infusion. You can also filter the oil with a cloth. Store the coffee oil in a dry, cool and dark place.
Possibilities of using coffee oil
Coffee oil can be used in a number of ways. For this reason, you should be aware of the different uses.
- Add a few drops of coffee oil to juices or beverages to increase antioxidant absorption.
- Put a few drops of the coffee oil in a diffuser and breathe in the aroma.
- Add coffee oil drops to liquid soap or shampoo.
- Dissolve coffee oil drops in a carrier oil and massage joints and muscles.
- Spray coffee oil on clothes to create a pleasant scent.
Precautions and recommendations to be observed
Even though most of the effects of coffee oil are positive and safe, it should not be forgotten that every person has a different body and reacts differently.
For this reason, we would like to draw your attention to some side effects that may occur when using coffee oil:
- Skin irritation
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Allergic reaction
On the other hand, we advise you not to use coffee oil in the following cases:
- People with epilepsy
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Small children